How to vacate a charge on a mortgage from ICC?

Fredmck

Hi.
I'm trying to sell a building that has a charge on it from ICC bank from 20 years ago.. the loan was repaid many years ago but the charge is still on the Title... any ideas on how to get this cleared since ICC do not exist anymore?.

ICC book was bought out by Bank of Scotland. Given their exit from the market I think you would be wasting your time going this route. Your solicitor will need to progress for a compulsory vacate of the charge. This will take time so need to get started on it ASAP.

Hello,

I would also get in contact with Bank of Scotland, through Certus (Legal or Securities Department, for Wholesale loans). Obviously, it would be helpful if you can give them the name of the Borrower and any other relevant information.

Bank of Scotland still have a panel of solicitors here and I believe, are ultimately responsible for arranging the vacate, if the loan has been repaid in full.

You may need to apply some pressure, so don't be afraid to put a written complaint in, if you don't get any satisfaction by telephone.

Back