How to Trace Contributions paid way back, and in Maiden Name

NellyNew

I have been living abroad for many years now, and worked in Ireland between 1965 and 1971 or 72 in Ireland. Not sure if employers legally declared contributions back then. Then I moved to England have a few more years there under Maiden Name. In the meantime I have become a resident of Greece, and made reduced contributed in England for at least 15 years. My married name contributions were forwarded to the Country of Residence Pension System, with a delay of 5 years here for pensions. I now realize no mention was made of Maiden Name contributions. Could anybody advise me each step of the way to tracing and investigating these contributions, in the hope that I can receive some small pension here to survive my final years. Thanks a Million.

Try the Irish Social welfare Records office in Donegal, they have all the records. Tel: 353 1 4715898. If you have a PPSN (used to be PRSI) number that will be helpful. I got full details from them of mine and my husband's records in order to figure out what Irish state pensions entitlements are which also count towards the years working abroad for my husband.

Where you live should also be able to apply to Ireland for you, if it's an EU country. I'm in the middle of this with my husband and it's taking quite a while. But the Irish pensions part does not kick in for him until age 67.

Did you get paid in cash, did you get an annual P60, do you recall if tax was deducted. If not than you may not be entitled to anything if you didn't officially exist.

If you have a PSC card and connect via https://services.mywelfare.ie/ you can ask for a Statement of Contributions. This statement will show up what the State can see or has on your contribution history. It goes back pre 1965 so I would start there. The Irish Social Welware records in Donegal (post above) might be offering the same service, I don't know.

Back