How to set up as an Agent for an EU company

Mars39

Does anyone know how to go about setting oneself up as an Agent for another company? In this case, the company is within the EU and will be supplying the products and I could be the local agent for the company?
Thank you.

Hi Mars39

As an agent I presume that you will be paid a commission on whatever sales you generate. This is usually an agreed % of the net sales. It could also be based ona % of the amount of "sales paid for".

Basically you are "selling" your services to this company for a percentage.

You would issue an invoice to the company for the commission. It may be neccesary to register for VAT if you expect your commission in a given year ( your turnover ) to exceed the min set by Rev Commissioners. Set up as a sole trader.

As the transaction is with an EU company out side the state there would be no VAT charged.

Rael
I

As an agent myself I buy the items from the Company so I set myself up as a Ltd company and sell on the items and do my own acounts as you are buying in from the EU you wont be charged VAT but if you are selling to customers in this country that may not be VAT excempt you will have to charge VAT. You can pay yourself a wage from the company and also claim any expenses (travel and subsistance allowances) from the company. If I can be any further help to you just ask.

Thank you Rael and Hans. The set up will resemble your situation Hans.

Still not finalised so may well revisit this at a later date.
Thank you again.

Back