how to sell share certs

bravocity

Hi all its come time to sell my shares in boi.
Having bought in at the end of August Im sitting on a hefty return and Id like to know the best way to go about selling them.
Aib charge a monsterous commission so I was wondering who charges the least?

They are in share cert form so i cant just use the online sites.
Anyone got any suggestions
thanks

Find a broker, contact them to find out their procedures. As a point of interest, how did you buy these shares, that you are unable to use the same route to dispose of them ?

Campbell O'Connor stockbrokers tend to be best suited to personal investors. They don't make a fuss about share certs. Make sure to get a quote from them.

In aib.
I was young naive and didn't think I'd have made so much so fast.
I'm still young but not as naive.
130% after 1 year is a lot better than I imagined. Aib though charge a monstrous commision so I want to shop around.
Thanks for the recommendation for Campbell o Connor.
I would have opened an online account with aib at the time but I was unable to or I'd have lost the student account.

For one off transactions, brokers are all going to charge a hefty amount. As long as you have your share certificate they all should deal for you, but make sure you know the costs first.

Hi all its come time to sell my shares in boi.
Having bought in at the end of August Im sitting on a hefty return and Id like to know the best way to go about selling them.
Aib charge a monsterous commission so I was wondering who charges the least?

They are in share cert form so i cant just use the online sites.
Anyone got any suggestions
thanks

I recently bought boi shares. As I wont be buying and selling shares that often I opted for the share cert. I was told by the stockbroker that if I wanted to sell the shares say immediately I would have to bring in the share cert to them.

The commission I was told for selling is the same as buying, in my case 1.5%.

Back