how to sell share certs

bravocity

Hi all its come time to sell my shares in boi.
Having bought in at the end of August Im sitting on a hefty return and Id like to know the best way to go about selling them.
Aib charge a monsterous commission so I was wondering who charges the least?

They are in share cert form so i cant just use the online sites.
Anyone got any suggestions
thanks

Find a broker, contact them to find out their procedures. As a point of interest, how did you buy these shares, that you are unable to use the same route to dispose of them ?

Campbell O'Connor stockbrokers tend to be best suited to personal investors. They don't make a fuss about share certs. Make sure to get a quote from them.

In aib.
I was young naive and didn't think I'd have made so much so fast.
I'm still young but not as naive.
130% after 1 year is a lot better than I imagined. Aib though charge a monstrous commision so I want to shop around.
Thanks for the recommendation for Campbell o Connor.
I would have opened an online account with aib at the time but I was unable to or I'd have lost the student account.

For one off transactions, brokers are all going to charge a hefty amount. As long as you have your share certificate they all should deal for you, but make sure you know the costs first.

I recently bought boi shares. As I wont be buying and selling shares that often I opted for the share cert. I was told by the stockbroker that if I wanted to sell the shares say immediately I would have to bring in the share cert to them.

The commission I was told for selling is the same as buying, in my case 1.5%.