How to rent out a house???

summersday

I am considering renting out my home as I may have to move for work. It will be my first time ever renting out a home. I know I could advertise in the newspaper, on Daft, rent through an estate agent, rent to the health board. Are there are other ways of renting out a house that I don't know about???? Thanks.
I hope this is in the correct spot.

You could try leasing it to the Council under the RAS scheme. There is lots of bother with paperwork,, tax etc.
Have you someone to look after the place while you gone. sometimes it msy be easier just to leave the place locked up rather than bothering with all the hassle involved. Great if you get good tenents but a nightmare if you dont.

Thanks - I don't want the responsibility of looking for tenants, GOOD tenants etc. so I've kind of ruled out the newspaper and Daft. Does it take long with RAS for a tenant to be put in place so that I could move on once the paperwork is done?

You need to contact your local council to see if they will be interested in taking your house. more details about the scheme http://www.environ.ie/en/DevelopmentHousing/Housing/SocialHousingSupport/RentalAccomodationScheme/ (here)

Back