How to remove profile picture?

qwerty-2023

When I "hover" my mouse on my username in a post I made earlier, it displays a picture of me (I didn't upload this so it must be linked to some other account?). I want to remove it to keep my profile anonymous. Can someone tell me how to do this please?

Hi qwerty

I removed it as it would appear in your post in public before you got to remove it.

The profile picture is an avatar.

I have no idea how it appeared on your account. I don't think I have seen anyone else using one.

Askaboutmoney is not linked to any other account, so it must be something at your end.

Maybe, when you registered it prefills some boxes? Like when I go to enter credit card details on a site, my laptop prefills the information.

Brendan

Thanks a million Brendan! I appreciate it - yes, all fixed now. The picture was a very old one so it's a total mystery to me how it got there!

(Maybe an old WordPress blog pic, and my computer thought "ok we're back to WordPress stuff, use the same pic" when I signed up to AAM)

So it defaults to the following

1685103792060.png

Currently I see the same thing as the picture you inserted when I hover on my username! So all good. Though not sure how I could try to put up an avatar? I don't see an option for it in the account settings (hence why I was so confused at my photo appearing!)

Just checked on a test user and there doesn't seem to be an option to edit it.

It must be an option to provide one when registering.

Brendan

Back