How to Notify Residents on Security Issues

• Thread starter Hairy Bikers
  • Start date
H

Hairy Bikers

Hi All

I want to advise my fellow owners on security in apt / complex living.

Does anyone have a similar notice covering issues such as house alarms, closing the main communal door, clearing mail boxes, rotating cars in pre-numbered spaces, not giving 'strangers' access to blocks etc

The problem is common to all apt owners and so too is the solution.

Can we start a thread and all build on it ????

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what you're looking for? We do regular newsletters and commonly address the issues you raise. We deliver to all units and non resident landlords.

"Does anyone have a similar notice"?

Where is the first notice?

What prompted this?

Not sure what you're looking for? We do regular newsletters and commonly address the issues you raise. We deliver to all units and non resident landlords.

Yes - that is exactly the type of thing we are looking for! We really just want to highlight some basic measures people should follow for security reasons, for example, ensuring apt block external doors are not left open, who to contact if incidents arise etc...

Can you send me a copy so I can get some ideas on what to draw up?

Off the top of my head

Make sure doors are closed behind you and don't let anyone in you don't recognise.
Bath and shower seals
Boiler services
Reporting light bulbs out/graffiti or unsociable behaviour
Ask landlords to update managing agent if tenants change and ensure they get back any fobs from previous tenants

good idea - once I have the ' tip sheet 'completed I am happy to put it online

thanks purpeller - this is ideal - exactly what I am looking for

other things that have come to my mind are:-
sourcing discounted prices for individual apt fire blankets / extinguihsers
reporting blown bulbs in car park / hallways
checking internal ( own units ) fire alarm / batteries

basic issues that people would think about if they did not live in a complex but lived in a 'regular' house.

I feel that residents in complexes feel the management agent will look after these type of issues and only after they are a victim, do they discover that they are responsible for their own safety.

Back