How to lodge GBP denominated personal cheque?

Tadhg22

Could anyone please suggest any ides for how I could lodge a GBP denominated personal cheque? My main bank account is with a digital provider so I can't lodge there. Further more, the cheque is marked a/c payee so I can't get someone else to lodge to their account?

Could I go into a BOI branch and lodge into the BOI account of a family member? Alternatively, Is there any way around the a/c payee issue?

Unless you have a family member with an identical or very very similer name as your own then no, they won't be able to lodge it. Depending on the value of the cheque, it may be worth your while to open an account with a non-digital bank via their on line app in a few minutes, all you need is proof of ID and address.

A cheque crossed "a/c payee" can't be endorsed and lodged to someone else's account. The only way you're going to be be able to deal with this is to have an account in your own name to which you can lodge it.

For convenience, I would open a credit union account. Just a regular share account, not one of the new current accounts.
No recurring fees. Most credit unions have online banking, with full SEPA payments. Open Saturday mornings, so handy if you're working all week. Handy for cheques, or the odd time you need to lodge cash.
Lodge the cheque, and transfer to your bank account once cleared.

I had similar. I opened an AiB basic account online (free). Then lodged cheque in local branch. It took about 15 days to clear

Anyone know would it be possible to lodge this directly into my an post deposit savings account?

Back