How to hang a heavy mirror

shaking

I was given a heavy bog wood mirror and I'm finally getting around to hanging it. How do I go about it, from the weight of it I'm presuming I can't use a normal hook - anyone any tips or know of anyone I could get to do it, I'm based in Dublin.

I knocked on it and didn't get a hollow sound so I'm guessing that means it's concrete?

If its concrete drill a hole, put in a rawl plug use about 7mil bit and plug ,put in a fairly long screw leaving enough of the head sticking out of the wall to hang the mirror on and that should be about it You should be able to do it yourself.

I had a similarly heavy mirror and I did what Dinjoe did but I bored two holes and used two rawl plugs and two screws to spread the weight. Still up there about 8 years later!

We hung a heavy mirror over the fireplace using large brass J hooks - each one had 2 long screws in it. They won't budge - very secure

I have used these Hangman products to hang some very heavy mirrors. Unfortunately they do not ship to Ireland, but if you have someone who can order for you in the US, I would recommend them. If anyone knows where you can get these in Ireland I would be interested in getting some more.
http://www.hangmanstore.com/product-p/hmd.htm

Back