How to get rid of fleas ??

colin_hanley

Hi, I suspect my shabby dog has brought fleas into our house (or more specifically my bedroom) as I have awoke the last 2 days full of bites. The dog has gone to the vet to get dipped but does anyone have any tips for getting rid of fleas in a bedroom ? Are flea bombs any good ?

Thanks,
Col

Other than in severe infestations I didn't think that dog/cat fleas attacked humans (well, seemingly cat fleas are more likely than dog fleas to bite humans for some reason) or lived/bred anywhere other than on the host (i.e. the dog/cat) and certainly would not survive long term in your bed/mattress or whatever? You should first establish the cause of the bedroom problem before taking any specific steps.

It is not that you bought a new feather filled duvet/continental quilt or pillow recently? If you did, the fleas may not be coming from the animals but from feathers that have been not properly treated

You can get a flea and flea egg killing spray from some good pet-shops.

Quite expensive (€50 per can if I remember correctly), it has the added benefit (?) of killing most other critters that enter the house (for about 18 months) this includes spiders and woodlice.

Sorry I have no idea of the name.

Back