How to get bank statement ?

colin_hanley

Hi I am meeting a mortgage consultant on Friday to see whether I qualify for a mortgage. I would like to bring a few bank statments to show my account info etc. I only found out about this on Monday which has given me short notice. Does anyone know if I go to my bank can they give me a proper statement (similar to the one you get in the post) which I can use for this purpose ??
Thanks,
Colin

Yes they can, they can just print one out and then put an official bank stamp on it.

If you have online banking you can print off statements free of charge but I'm not sure how official they would be considered.

mortgage lenders will not accept an online bank statement, as they do not record full account name, address and bank account number.
best option is to ask for an in branch print off, it must be stamped by the bank.

I printed out my bank details from the web and the bank (PTSB) accepted them without a problem.

D

Molly said:
mortgage lenders will not accept an online bank statement, as they do not record full account name, address and bank account number.
best option is to ask for an in branch print off, it must be stamped by the bank.

Surely an online printout will be sufficient as a temporary guide to the mortgage lender until the actual full statement is issued by the bank. The original poster is only checking his eligability for a mortgage on Friday, nothing is being signed for then.

Back