How to get a Certificate of Good Standing

Capaill

Hi Folks

I am in the process of completing my application to get a .EU domain name for my company. One of the supporting documents I have to submit is a "Certificate of Good Standing" from an official companies or commercial register, a competent public authority or a notary public.

Can anyone advise as to what the most cost efficient way of getting the above is?

Thanks

C

The requirements specifically ask for a ""Certificate of Good Standing" from an official companies or commercial register, a competent public authority or a notary public".

I also have to supply copies of certificate of incoporation etc.

C

Certificate of Good Standing for a company

Folks

Hoping for some help as to where I can get the above and how much I should budget for the same.

My company is registering a company domain name in the .EU sunrise applications. In order to do so I need a number of items to validate my claim for the domain name and one of them is I require a "Certificate of Good Standing" for my company's application. The exact requirements stated are

"a signed declaration (e.g. a certificate of good standing) from an official companies or commercial register, a competent public authority or a notary public." This is from page 20. section 16(4) from the rules book available at [broken link removed].

My solicitor does not know what the above is nor where to go to draft same.

Any help or advise is appreciated.

Thanks

C

Please don't duplicate threads. I had to merge the previous post/thread into the existing one.

Hi Capaill,

From Page 7 of today's Irish Times - "Business This Week" supplement;

"EU Internet, the Irish company that has been appointed to manage .eu domain name registrations, has cut the cost of registering a domain name from €25 to €12.50"

The company, "EU INTERNET DOMAINS LIMITED", is registered at INTERNET HOUSE 11 ROCK HILL MAIN STREET BLACKROCK. Maybe contact them and they should be easily able to explain.

Thanks for the replies folks.

finally found a company that provides this service. Formacompany Ireland Ltd. [broken link removed]

C

Hi,

Section 16.4 in the sunrise rules states that you need;

D
OCUMENTARY EVIDENCE FOR COMPANY NAMES

Unless otherwise provided in Annex 1 hereto, it shall be sufficient to
submit the following Documentary Evidence for company names
referred to under Section 16(1):

(i) an extract from the relevant companies or commercial register;

(ii) a certificate of incorporation or copy of a published notice of the
incorporation or change of name of the company in the official
journal or government gazette; or

(iii) a signed declaration (
e.g. a certificate of good standing) from an
official companies or commercial register, a competent public
authority or a notary public.

My Questions are

A) Do I need to provide all three items mentioned - Notice the word "OR" at the end of item 2.

B) Am I supposed to supply Item 1 and (2 or 3), or (Item 1 and 2) or Item 3 on it's own??

C) Where do I get an extract from the relevant companies or commercial register? Do I just take a screenshot of the result of a company search on the CRO website?

Thanks,​

Back