How to flip a London property?

Well if sterling doesn't rebound this country's exports are for the birds, with drastic future events. Problem is that the ECB is more watching the German economy than the others and has a firm eye on inflation rather than the world economy. Interest rates need to drop by a full 1% (which they won't) to put an equilibrium in the market. Property will come back albeit the view is getting a little hazy at the moment. Funny thing is in Ireland the working populus outside construction have good well paid jobs.

ECB has the correct interest policy for europe. keep down inflation, keep down wages and therefore remain competitive.

UK and US will have huge inflation after their recent latin american scale currency devaluations. Am sure that the IMF are preparing to issue damning report.......maybe not.

Boom conditions in ireland had employers chasing 100 workers with only 95 candidates - this drives rapid wage inflation. It was allowed for political purposes.

We need a period of low inflation to regain competitiveness.

Ok - i said i'd get back when a valuation came in.

It came in today.

I bought it a year ago for £322k - it is now valued at £375k.

However - my sister also bought one at the same time in teh same complex for £322k - it was valued at £300k.

So that's quite a discrepancy.

I'm kinda thinking the agent didn't know how to value it.

(I didn't tell them what they were bought for originally so as not to influence their valuation)

Anyway - a valuation is one thing - selling at that price is another.

I'll keep yee updated if i manage to sell it.

Back