How to do tables

Brendan: I think you just forgot that you knew this already. ;)

Cashier: Glad you're having some fun with this.

Salvidor: Many thanks for your great thread that enabled us to summarise tables.

Marion

Why didn't the word wrap work above?

I don't know the reason.

It seems that we can have a dark blue header by using the
tag. But if we use this we can't have word wrap in that header row.

Word wrap will always work in a header row when the regular
tag is used.

We can get around this by just using the formatting fonts in our header to differentiate the header from the other rows.

So:

Using the regular
tag we can separate our headings from the other rows by changing the formatting fonts of the text. We can also change the alignment of the text to centre.

| Two |
Three​
|
Four​
and Five
numbers:|two|three four {br}and five|

I would advise leaving the formatting until the table itself is done. Just double click on the words to be formatted and hit the relevant font on the toolbar. You could of course apply the formatting codes manually if you were looking for a challenge. :) For the headings above, I used bold and red. I also centred the heading "Three"

Marion

I had not known about word wrap {br} which will be very helpful to me|100
Nor had I known about the heading {br} which I will try |200​
OK, so it works if there is no table=head start.

I have also tried centering the text

|1.7%|2.7%|3.7%|4.7%|5.7%
Int. only|612|972|1,332|1,692|2,052
20 yr repay|2,122|2,325|2,536|2,757|2,985
35 yr repay|1,766|1,975|2,195|2,426|2,667
30 yr repay|1,530|1,745|1,973|2,215|2,468
Got it eventually but I had to type it manually in AAM - I tried copying previous posts into Word, editing and then copying back but it went wonky - even though I checked and double-checked spacing, symbols etc. - any ideas why?

I tried copying previous posts into Word, editing and then copying back but it went wonky

I think that Word contains some spacing and other invisible bits which wreck tables ( and my head).

When I do a long post in Word using tables, I then copy it into Wordpad which removes the hidden problems. Then I copy that and paste it into Askaboutmoney.

If you put on the show/hide or display controls as it used to be called you might be able to see any possible problems if you are using Word. Not sure if this would help in any way with tables.

Back