How to dissolve a Child maintenance court order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to have it altered what do I need to do? If I go into the court clerk do I just request this order to be altered or do I need to go before the judge and request this/explain?

You can apply to the court to have the maintenance order varied or discharged. There is a guide to maintenance and court applications on the Courts Service website here. [broken link removed]

Yes, I did think about going in and initiating a variation order but the fact is I'm not varying the order I just want it (i.e. the weekly amount) to stay the same. And I don't want to have it discharged.

I certainly need to have the court order altered. Thanks I will have a look at that link.

I know of someone, iv a post up here prev on it....one child, he ordered pay x a week, into court clerk from approx age 3 of child....he paid the same amount till 18yr old,...then very simple stop paying in his case...he married had more children but never revisited the courts ever, he just couldnt judge what way things would go....the mother and child situation also taken into account in how much to pay. At the time the man only had hp car and was told by judge he didnt need newish car, sell it and buy a cheaper one

in this case the mother drawing one parent allowance all her life so was never in her interest to chase him for money.

I also know of a fellow who since has passed, he let his maintenance remain unpaid for few weks, arrested at home and brought before the judge, got it reduced by 10euro...yet he had two new children and a mortgage to pay. At the original hearing he lived at his parents home.

have you discussed with court clerk or your solictor.

The maintenance order says you must increase your payments once you are in employment. That's an entirely reasonable condition.

If you want to change that condition, you must apply for a variation.

You have a legal obligation to maintain your child at the very least.

The way you seem to be writing suggests to me that there is no contact by you with mother or the child.

What you might do is tell us what you are paying.

As you are divorced that means there was an agreed settlement, so you may need to have some back up for your situation - its just the way you started this off sounds to me like you have nothing to do with your child. Have i got this wrong?

I see my children and I have never defaulted in my payment.

When this order was made this was with the understanding and agreement that when I gained full-time employment the maintenance would be doubled.

Having recently looked at the order I notice it does not mention the word full-time, my employment is part-time... it does not make sense to pay double out of my part-time income, as agreed at the time upon gaining full-time employment this agreement would commence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back