How to dispose of office furniture

Status
Not open for further replies.

podge

I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction.

We're in the process of moving offices and we have surplus furniture. Its an office fitted for 20 ppl. The person taking over our old offices was supposed to be taking the furniture but at the last minute has decided against it. I spoke with one of the liquidated furniture places, and it would be 2 weeks at the earliest before they even look at what we have. Unfortunately time isn't on our side as we are moving by 01 Aug.

What's the best way to shift the furniture in the shortest timeframe ?

Thanks
Podge

During the dot com boom/bust companies would simply have an open day and flog it all from the office, best offer accepted, everything must go. The power of email with an inventory usually worked.

Or search for the yahoo group called 'Leinster Freecycle' (or whatever county you're in) - Group of people who swap and give away for free items they don't need anymore.

I have unapproved 'wanted' posts.

Please note our Posting Guideline on advertising if in doubt.

Thanks for all the replies. I don't think the advert route will work as time is against me.

Does anyone know of any company that will come in, price up the lot and take it all away ? I tried one place and it'd be two weeks before they could get someone out. It'd be a shame for it to end up in a skip.

Thanks again
Podge

If you just want to get rid of it, why not tell the furniture company they can have it for free if they come and collect it within the next two days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back