How to deter Cats

the dog unfortunatly is all bark and no action.. and as much as i hate to admit it the cat has the better of her. this is the same dog who would ate mother teresa if she came into the house uninvited but hitler could land and offer to rub her belly and they'd be the best of friends.

I will have the powerwash ready for action on saturday!

i use bleach. i had one that liked to sit on top of my wheelie bin......not anymore! i just pour a bit of bleach on it and he stays well clear!

i use bleach. i had one that liked to sit on top of my wheelie bin......not anymore! i just pour a bit of bleach on it and he stays well clear!
Do you get it in their eyes? What do you use to spray it on the cats? :D

Do you get it in their eyes? What do you use to spray it on the cats? :D
lol, nnnoooooo i put it on top of the bin so if it goes to sit on it, it will be smelly and sore! ah no, sure it smells it and runs. definatly works though.

Also orange and lemon peel is a great deterrant as they are hyper snesitive to the citric acid so i would put some peel around the breaking in area or along the wall the puddy cat like to strut along.

The gods are punishing me (or the devil since cats are creatures of the devil ;)); a cat now sits on the roof of my car every night. The car has a black soft top and the cats white hairs are all over it.
Any suggestions to keep it away (shooting it might damage the car s that's out :p)

The gods are punishing me (or the devil since cats are creatures of the devil ;)); a cat now sits on the roof of my car every night. The car has a black soft top and the cats white hairs are all over it.
Any suggestions to keep it away (shooting it might damage the car s that's out :p)

Perhaps its Irusan himself come to punish you for your previous transgressions against cats :)

Whats the soft top made of? If its leather you could try a few drops of WD40 rubbed into it?

You have been honoured with a visit from our overlords. Lay out a fluffy blanket, and bring out a small bowl of raw meat when he/she arrives.

Intelligent kitty is just trying to point out the daftness of having a soft-top in a soggy country like ours. Watch and learn Purple, watch and learn :)

Just wait until the cat starts sharpening it's claws on your nice soft-top...we'll see if you are still laughing...:(

To be honest it sickens me when people react that way though.

Apart fromt the disgusting smell from their poop, its very dangerous for pregnant women to have contact with cats. Cat owners should respect that their neighbours may not want cats in their garden for these reasons. If you get a cat, its your responsibility to ensure that it does not bother other people. Whereas I abhor animal cruelty, I do think that throwing the odd bucket of water at them is reasonable if you dont want them in your garden.

Apart fromt the disgusting smell from their poop, its very dangerous for pregnant women to have contact with cats. Cat owners should respect that their neighbours may not want cats in their garden for these reasons. If you get a cat, its your responsibility to ensure that it does not bother other people. Whereas I abhor animal cruelty, I do think that throwing the odd bucket of water at them is reasonable if you dont want them in your garden.
I have the extra stress of keeping the kids away from the cat traps (snares, pit, electric wires etc) in the garden... ;)

A powerful water rifle is the answer. It has a great range.

I keep one fully loaded by the back door to defend the visiting birds against the efficient killing machine from 2 doors up.

He has the message now, he only has to hear or see me and he runs like hell.

Mrs Romulan thought it cruel but prefered it to dead birds or a 6mm BB sniper rifle. :D

Why don't you just talk to your neighbor? That's their responsibility.
When I did that when I had this problem in an old house they said that they had to let their cat out and they couldn’t keep it out of my garden.

My dog nearly caught "THE" cat this morning!!!!!! stupid piece of fur who keeps peeing in my garden.......aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mad:

I am seriously thinking of taking a photo of this cat and putting it up in the local shop with the caption "do you own this? if so keep it in!"

I'm off to Smyths to buy large water pistol this weekend, enough is enough!!:D

Back