how to deal with rookery

Status
Not open for further replies.

galway_blow_in

my mother moved into her new house in the past fortnight and she is absolutely driven mad with crows , between the mess they leave in the yard and the constant cawing , its incessant

question is , has anyone ever placed a crow banger in a residential yard , i know farmers put them in barley fields to keep crows away but a domestic yard is different

not much else can be done to deal with such vermin ?

They were there first.

Either respect their right to exist or move.

what a bizarre reply ?

if you bought a house and had a rat , would you move ?

crows are pests , we are not talking about hen harriers here or bald eagles

what a bizarre reply ?

if you bought a house and had a rat , would you move ?

crows are pests , we are not talking about hen harriers here or bald eagles
No comparison between a rat in your house and rooks nesting in trees.

Humans are much more of a pest than nature.

It's base level human arrogance to think otherwise.

No comparison between a rat in your house and rooks nesting in trees.

Humans are much more of a pest than nature.

It's base level human arrogance to think otherwise.

Crows are vermin, no different to rats ,just as dirty too

Crows are vermin, no different to rats ,just as dirty too
When a submersible ocean research vessel reached 11km down in the ocean, it discovered a plastic bag and some sweet wrappers. I think we have the edge on the rooks and rats here. Nesting birds are protected by law. They'll probably be less of a nuisance in a few weeks time when the fledglings start to accompany their parents to look for insects and grubs in the fields.

Crows, rooks, jackdaws, magpies in fact corvids generally are amongst the smartest critters around; not just smart birds but much smarter than lots of mammals and other creatures we treat as pets or companion animals. To dismiss them vermin is indicative of very old-fashioned backward thinking and ignorance.

Do a corvid a good turn and not only will you have a friend for life, but research has shown that they'll spread the word around the murder. They were certainly here first, since they evolved from dinosars and began living in trees and on cliff-tops. If Heckle & Jeckle aren't you favourite neighbours, move. For the record I have rookeries in an adjacent field and the inhabitants have befriended my Rottweiler; the terrier is a whole other ball-game though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back