How to connect DVDR player & PS2 to telly

Ancutza

Had a PS2 connected to my telly. No problems. Bought a DVDR, connected it and now the PS2 settings seem to have been modified. Sound but no picture (just the blue screen on the AV channel).

Telly has only 1 SCART connector and another set of plugs which accepts the 3 jackts from the PS2. Both systems are connected directly to the TV without one being routed through the other.

Any ideas? Can I fix the PS2 to operate on another channel?

I have PS2, DVDR, Video Recorder, Nintendo Wii & Archos hooked up to tv

More Wires than NASA...........

I use one of [broken link removed] picked one up in local € shop for about a fiver

VHS is hooked up to DVDR with scart and then dvdr is hooked into scart of TV which has 2 scart connections. Also have PS2, Archos & Wii hooked up to this device

Use to hook up the 3 connections from PS 2 into front of tv where the white and yellow ones go

Then just press the AV button on the remote and walla

Had a PS2 connected to my telly. No problems. Bought a DVDR, connected it and now the PS2 settings seem to have been modified. Sound but no picture (just the blue screen on the AV channel).

Telly has only 1 SCART connector and another set of plugs which accepts the 3 jackts from the PS2. Both systems are connected directly to the TV without one being routed through the other.

Any ideas? Can I fix the PS2 to operate on another channel?

As IrishGunner says, a SCART switcher will work.

Alternatively, you could connect the PS2 to the DVD recorder's AV input, which is probably either a SCART input or 3xRCA i.e. video (yellow)/stereo left & right (red/white).

Connect your DVD recorder to your TV's SCART AV input.

So, to watch or record DVD your TV will be on AV1.

To play a PS2 game, you turn the DVD recorder to ITS AV input.

Clear as mud?

(If you are going to get more devices in the future, the SCART switcher might be a better idea. Only one caveat - cheap ones won't have a remote and while some of them auto switch, this only works if you switch off the devices not in use.)

Back