How to complain (or compliment) a taxi online

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I was cycling behind a taxi yesterday and it was belching out black fumes.

I got onto the carriage office this morning but they sent me to the Transport for Ireland website where you can make a complaint online

https://www.transportforireland.ie/taxi/taxi-compliments-complaints/

This is a lot better than the Carriage Office who often didn't answer their phone.

Taxi compliments & complaints
Welcome to the Taxi feedback form. The following system has been designed to assist you in providing feedback to the National Transport Authority.

Before continuing, please be advised that only matters that fall within the jurisdiction of the National Transport Authority can be investigated. If you were not a passenger or intending passenger in the vehicle, or if it is not possible to identify the driver or vehicle, based upon the information provided, it may not be possible to investigate your complaint.

Section 64 of the Taxi Regulation Act 2013 sets out the categories of complaint that can be dealt with by the Authority. These include complaints relating to:

1. The condition, roadworthiness and cleanliness of the vehicle;
  2. The conduct, behaviour and identification of an SPSV driver;
  3. Overcharging and other matters relating to fares;
  4. The hiring and booking of the SPSV; and
  5. Identification and general appearance of the SPSV.
If the matter to which your complaint relates is of a criminal nature or you have witnessed a road traffic offence, you should contact An Garda Síochána. In an emergency ring 112 or 999.

Back