How to check if you're entitled to pension in UK

TableEnd

My father worked in england for 10 years. I don't know how many years he paid PAYE over there but a friend that he worked with has told dad he should be entitled to a small pension. Is there anyway I can check this out with just his name, date of birth etc. He doesn't remember his social insurance number. It was during the 70's.

Thanks in advance.

Write to HMRC, NICO, EWC, Benton Park View, Newcastle NE98 1ZZ giving all details you can re addresses and employments in UK and ask for your National Insurance No.
Then download form CA 3638 and fill in and return for a forecast of your pension. If you are already Pension age you do not need to do this but contact The Pensions Service, International Pension Office , Tyneview Park, Whitley Road,Benton,Newcastle upon Tyne, NE98 1BA or Phone 00441912187777 0800 to 2000 mon. to fri.
Don't forget if you are getting an UK social welfare pension and Not getting an Irish social welfare payment then you are entitled to a medical card without means testing under EU rules.

Last edited:
My father worked in england for 10 years. I don't know how many years he paid PAYE over there but a friend that he worked with has told dad he should be entitled to a small pension. Is there anyway I can check this out with just his name, date of birth etc. He doesn't remember his social insurance number. It was during the 70's.

Thanks in advance.
I worked in Uk for 4 years in 70,s and am entitled to a part uK pension @ pension age. I found Newcastle very helpful, so as suggested write to them .

You can simply download and complete the application form and they will do the rest.

BTW I've heard recently that UK are now paying Winter Fuel Allowance to all UK pensioners worldwide. Sounds too good to be true but a friend living here in Ireland has got hers recently. She has both UK and part Irish State Pensions.

The closing date for applications for the current season is March 31st

Many thanks! Have to sit down with dad now and see if he can remember if he paid contributions and if so where. We worked mainly on building sites!

Back