how to check if the delivery man give me the right amount of kerosene oil?

danirl

Hello there,

If anyone knows how to check if the delivery man give me the right amount of kerosene oil?

I dont want to look rude, but I think he should show me a meter or something confirming the 1,000 litres that I will pay. Instead last year (I used for the first time kerosene, I used only gas ) he only ask me to sign something and he gone.

This year i would like to ask him to show me, but don't know what to ask and if is OK to ask.

What do think about this?

Thanks

Just ask him to show you the meter before he starts the delivery and when he finishes it...it should not be an issue for him to do that.

He should be giving you a printout from the meter showing the start and finish readings. This usually forms part of the delivery note.

I will do that! Hope he won't get mad when i'll ask him...So that's the only way he show me , read meter before he starts - drop kerosene-read meter when he finnish , the difference is my kerosene amount. All of them (delivery lorries) have the same system?

He may gave me, i don't remember now...i remember he gave me it was a receipt , after he droped the kerosene, with the amount of money that i paid (he took it out of some kind of machine) which i signed it.

Do you still have the receipt? It has the number of litres printed from the meter on the truck. Alternatively, just stand beside the truck when he's filling your tank -- the meter is quite visible on the side of the truck.

Also, do you know the capacity of your tank? You can tell roughly how full it is by the sound it makes when you bang on the side of it, or for greater precision you can use a dipstick.

Next time why not ring around a few suppliers and ask them for the price and delivery docket arrangements? Then go with the best value or the supplier that you trust.

I always use a dip stick before I order oil. BTW my tank takes 1100 litres. Oil man arrives and knocks the door. I go out for a chat while he's filling up, usually saying I think it will take the full amount ordered (1000 litres) but as there's still some in the tank please be careful as you reach 900. Meantime I have the opportunity to see the meter being set at zero and climbing to 1000.

He gives me receipt with start and end figure. I pay. Job done

my tank takes 1000 litres, most tanks have capacity of 1000 litres so unless your tank has greater capacity you have nothing to worry abóut.

Mine's 900 litres, and it's never quite empty at refill time, so the capacity can't really be used as a guide to how much is delivered.

The same, ie: full.

Not neccesarily. What happens if you're the first delivery of the week, and the pipe of the lorry has been emptied for the weekend. Or as there are different tanks on the truck, and if the previous delivery was agricultural diesel and your order is for Kerosene. The operators automatically empty the hose and then they do a run of Kerosene deliveries. The first in the line for delivery pays for the hose full of diesel.

They should empty the hose after each delivery. I would be insisting they do.

They should empty the hose after each delivery. I would be insisting they do.

And how exactly would you suggest they do that?
The pump cannot pump air so therefore the hose must stay full.
Different fuels are easily catered for by knowing how much the hose holds and changing fuels when the required delivery is minus that amount and thus purging the hose of the deliverey required.
Standard practise.

Well I have asked many many times from different companies and each time, the conversation ends with 'Look do you want oil or not ?'

Well I have asked many many times from different companies and each time, the conversation ends with 'Look do you want oil or not ?'

I rest my case.

If you actually stopped to think about it, the hose must remain full.

Therefore inane questions like "Who pays for whats in the hose" will be met with a degree of disdain.

The important question is at what point does the meter start calculating the output. Is at the point of output by the tank or at the start of the hose ?? If and when this was known, an accurate assessment of the question could be answered.

My belief is that it is at the start of the hose in the mechanics of the delivery truck.

Back