how to bring up word/ppt files embedded in a website.

R

Rebrabuk

I use a website for my college notes and many of them are word or powerpoint files. The word documents are fine as i can just bring it up in word however when i go to use powerpoint files it brings up powerpoint viewer which subsequently takes over the entire screen.

Since its only powerpoint viewer i cant bring it up in a windowed program like i can with word, however ive noticed if i access it in college that it will bring up both the word files and the powerpoint files on the website. Not sure if im explaining it properly but it looks somewhat like when you open a pdf from a site where you're still in IE and you typically get part of the site on the top bar but you have the pdf file opened up below it.

Just wondering if i need to change a setting to get this to work, its mainly for the powerpoint files as it is very annoying to have it taking up the screen like this. Hopefully it is possible to get these files coming up on the website, im not sure if powerpoint viewer would restrict me from doing this.

What browser are you using? I use firefox (rather than ms internet explorer) and find that if I right click on the document and save link as...that the file is downloaded in the correct format.

I find all these viewers for ppt, xls, doc and pdf confusing and troublesome and advise people to download the file and then open it using the full application.

Im sure there is something similar in MS IE.
aj

Back