How to be employed wisely by business?

Nemama

Hi,

I would like to offer some kind of services for SMBs. I wouldn't be required to be hired full-time but getting paid per hour of service. The key point here is that I would offer the service on behalf of the company that I'm working for so we will price share percentage based on the number of customers.

We might become to an agreement with the company in which percentage may be however how can I make that attractive to a business? Should be any long-term contract agreement there? Would the company a contract per hour?

Sorry, I'm looking forward to work as sole-trader. The idea is to offer my services on companies (Medical centers) for their clients/patients. Basically I will use their facilities to provide my service to their patients on behalf of the company.

My concern here is that the company wouldn't employ me eventually but sharing a percentage for each patient treated by myself (50-50/80-20). As more patients are being treated on their facilities by myself, larger piece of the cake would be for either the company and myself. The sharing percentage would be negotiable but I'm not sure if we should have some kind of contact agreement between the company and myself or else the company would invoice the patient as usual and then I would get paid at the end of the month my respective agreed percentage. I am not sure what would be the best option.

Hope it makes a bit of sense now. I'm just having some ideas regarding to what would be the best approach.

So basically what we in the IT world call a contractor of some type. Their clients and facilities, your labour.

What services of a medical nature do you wish to provide, bearing in mind that as far as I am aware the medical centres (GP surgeries/community health centres?) you refer to are owned and operated or licensed by the HSE?

@mathepac: Nutrition and Dietetics. All centres are operated by HSE?

No, but that's pretty basic information you'd need to establish before approaching anywhere.

I think what you're asking is what sort of financial arrangement you would propose to a centre to make it attractive to them? I think your best bet would be to talk to either or both of the following: (1) someone offering a similar but not identical service in the area you're interested in, and/or (2) someone offering an identical service in a location that is different (and hence non-competing). Approach them and say what you're planning on doing. They may or may not offer some advice - if you approach a few, chances are you'll get at least one who will be helpful. It's a basic form of market research: talking to people already supplying a product or service to gain insight into the market, but it has to be done so that they won't see you as competition. By the way, I would think it's an attractive proposition to a centre even without financial payment, as it enhances what's on offer. Personally, I'd be inclined to keep it really simple, and just have a simple rental agreement to cover rental of space and facilities. Other aspects, such as joint marketing can be done on an informal basis without having a formal agreement in place.

@newtothis. Thanks!

I was thinking of the rental of space and facilities, however I don't know if I might have potential customers on the area so if I get any kind of rental agreement but the market's area is death.... That's why I wanted to suggest some kind of shared financial benefit for both parties: I will do my marketing as well as the center for its own interest.

@newtothis.That's why I wanted to suggest some kind of shared financial benefit for both parties.

I wouldn't suggest offering anything, other than rent for space and facilities used and to be included in any marketing you do (with the understanding they will reciprocate). Apart from an extra cost for you, it has the potential to get really complex, which is something you should try and avoid. Have you spoken to your Local Enterprise Office by the way? They offer a mentorship program, which can be very useful, as it sounds like you’re looking for advice from someone who’s been there and done that.

The mentorship programs are the same than one-to-one meetings with LEOs, right?
I assume JA agreements might not be worthy.

The mentorship programs are the same than one-to-one meetings with LEOs, right?
No, it's a sprecific program where you get (for a fairly nominal cost) access to a mentor for a certain number of hours over a period of time to advise. I've availed of it in the past and found it very useful: it's very hard starting in business to be expert in everything, so typically you'd look for a mentor who is strong in the areas you feel weak. However, it's clearly highly reliant on the quality of the individual mentor. I can't recall, but I think there's an introductory session where you can get the sense of whether they're right for you.
I assume JA agreements might not be worthy.
Not sure what you mean by this. LEOs are there to support any business, especially one starting out, no matter how small (I think the criteria is one full time job, where the one can be yourself).

Sorry, I was referring to Joint Venture (JV instead of JA) Agreements which look quiet common lately.

Back