How Soon Need A Sale Price Be Registered ?

trajan

Frequent Poster
If I sell a house by auction today, how soon must that sale price be registered with the Property Price Register ?
Can a house that's sold at auction be thrown up by its buyer on foot of a very negative surveyor's report ?

peteb

Frequent Poster
If I sell a house by auction today, how soon must that sale price be registered with the Property Price Register ?
Can a house that's sold at auction be thrown up by its buyer on foot of a very negative surveyor's report ?
Its not the buyer that registers it. Its the solicitor if i recall correctly. And it wouldn't be anywhere near next day on that basis.

trajan

Frequent Poster

RedOnion

Frequent Poster
how soon must that sale price be registered with the Property Price Register ?
It's registered on the back of the stamp duty being paid. Which could take a while, but within a few days of the sale closing.

Generally speaking, property auctions are legally binding. You could sue buyer to complete.

Having said that, I have seen property sold at auction reappear for sale.

trajan

Frequent Poster
This one is said to HAVE been sold - got the price via auctioneer boast. But all doesn't seem final yet.
A lot of internal work to be done, some structural like chimney and roof plus usual rewiring and plumbing.
Would not be surprised if it's thrown up: margin too small at €30k for outlay of €130k.