How quickly do AIB turnaround mortgage applications?

Libretto

I'm about to apply for a top up mortgage with AIB for about 50K for home improvements. I have good equity in my house (approx 60%) and ability to repay so not expecting any issues in that area. Has anyone got an idea how quickly such applications are processed? How long might I be waiting for the money if I apply now?

Thanks

We're finding that AIB take around 7 or 8 working days to respond to a new application at the moment. Make sure that you send in all required documents at the start as otherwise they may take 7 or 8 working days to come back and ask you for something that's missing, which starts the cycle off again.

Thanks for that.

Re the documentation required - we obviously already have a mortgage
with AIB and so for the top up I am just supplying the following:

P60
4 consecutive payslips
Salary Cert
Details of non AIB savings/loans
Quotes re the work we are getting done

Is there anything else they may look for?

Thanks again

If you're not AIB banking customers, they may look for current account statements and credit card statements.

If you're not AIB banking customers, they may look for current account statements and credit card statements.

We are AIB customers and have our mortgage with them so hopefully they wont need any more info and will get the money to us quick!

Hi Libretto, I just got AIP from AIB (yippee!). It took 10 working days to get approval.

Will you need to increase your Insurance cover and also Home insurance and show evidence that you have done so?

Back