How much trouble will I be in?

surely it's a free country after all, are you not entitled at any time to be on the look out for other employment to better your prospects. It's not a hanging offence and you would give the required notice. Stick up for yourself on Tuesday and dont try to cover anything up. Who knows, they might even give you a raise if you play your cards right. It's obvious there is a problem if two of you are ready for off and this is the time to trash it out with the boss. If the job is no good why stay there if something better comes along.

Have no plan to stay there anyway.
I'm there 4 months and my colleague is there 6 months, and we both want out, I think we have a good case and like I mentioned we will deffo back each other up.

they will have to sit up and listen!

thanks again for all the positive feedback...Need to try get on and enjoy the bank holiday weekend and deal with this when the time comes.

Cheers :D

C.

Hi Sinewave,

Thanks for asking but so far nothing has been said.

The guy in IT told me that my mail is taken off divert to "most management" didn't want to put him in an awkward position by asking further questions, but I got the impression that they are still diverted to some (can they do this considering I'm back in work now?)

I had a meeting with him and some other managers yesterday and he was very cool with me, no eye contact, no hello/goodbye, deffo not being his usual self.

Nothing has been said to my colleague either ! My colleague reckons at this stage they will say nothing and maybe bring it up at our reviews at the end of this month.

Having said all that I have a 2nd interview in the morning so hopefully I will be able to resign before that.

Thanks again for asking, will keep you updated.

C.

If its the type of place that they highlight issues at reviews, shows a cowardly approach by management, you were honest in your opinions, if they don,t like it and refuse to deal with it promptly, you are better off out.

All the best in the future.

ci1, following your thread and hope it all works out for you. Thanks for keeping us updated and best of luck with the 2nd interview!!!
ad

Thanks Guys,

one lesson I have learnt is not to use company email for personal use.
I have done the past but I deffo will be using my yahoo address from now on.
I've given to everyone that would send me mails yahoo address so no company will ever have an excuse to berate me on email usage.
Just am not leaving myself open for that again. Good lesson learnt.

should hear today or tomorrow on the new job...fingers crossed,

thanks for the good wishes!

one lesson I have learnt is not to use company email for personal use.
Are you posting on AAM using company resources? Perhaps not a good idea given your situation and if your company IT usage policy precludes it?

Hi Clubman,

there is no clause or comment in my contract regarding internet usage.

I'm also on a break at the moment, they are fairly flexible with the internet. They have no issue with any staff using internet once they're on a break.

C.

Back