How Much Social Welfare would I be entitled to if put on a 3 day week?

willalex

Just been informed by my boss that he may have to put me on a 3 day week.

I am married with 2 dependent children and my wife does not work.

I take home €500 per week and pay no tax because of tax credit etc.

My take home pay will be reduced to €300 I guess.

Is there a way to calculate how much I would get for the 2 days I would have to sign on?

Thanks in advance.

Read the keypost guide as a starting point and use links; income is irrelevant as youn will be on JB

You get a personal rate and may get an increase for you wife and children. You will not be paid for the first 3 days Your average weekly earnings do not affect the amount you get for a child dependent. I think the personal rate is €188 and you would get 1/2 of it as it is based on a 6 day week and effectively you will be claiming for 3 days - I think

You will get 2/5 of your weekly allowance for short time working as it is based on a 5 day week

Casual work or part-time work

You may get Jobseeker’s Benefit if you can only get part-time or casual work. You must be unemployed for at least 3 days out of a period of 6 consecutive days and continue to look for full-time employment.
For each day you are unemployed, one-sixth of the normal rate of Jobseeker's Benefit is payable, provided that you are unemployed for at least 3 days out of a period of 6 consecutive days. For example, if you get casual work for 2 days, you can get four-sixths of the normal Jobseeker's Benefit for that week.
You must claim Jobseeker's Benefit for at least 3 days in any week. If you get 4 days work, Jobseeker's Benefit is not paid for the other 2 days.
Generally speaking, you cannot get Jobseeker's Benefit for a day on which you do casual or part-time work, unless, it comes within the subsidiary work rules (see below).

http://www.welfare.ie/syndicatedcon...ayments-and-work/jobseekers-benefit-and-work/

Back