How much OAP pension will my wife receive with 18 years PRSI contributions

CuriousCork

My wife is now a full time homemaker and has finished work. She has 18 years PRSI contributions. Is that enough to get get a full state pension at 67 years old?

That depends on her full PRSI record - when did she first pay PRSI?

Also, get her full PRSI record from myWelfare as there may be credits applied or due in addition to the 18 years of contributions so far (936 in total?).

My wife is now a full time homemaker and has finished work. She has 18 years PRSI contributions. Is that enough to get get a full state pension at 67 years old?
My understanding is;

You can only claim homecaring until your youngest is 12 years old. You can claim beyond 12 in certain circumstances, or for an adult who needs care, but the combined homecaring and credited contributions cannot total more than 20 years.

If your wife qualified for the full 20 years, together with her 18 years paid, she would have 38 of the required 40 years needed, so at today's rates €252 instead of the full €265.30.

Is she likely to return to work when your youngest child is over 12? Our youngest child is now 14. She does not want to sign on for social welfare.

How old is she? Late 40's

At what age did she start work? At 22
That depends on her full PRSI record - when did she first pay PRSI? When she was 22

@CuriousCork

If your youngest is 14 and your wife is not in paid employment she should make voluntary PRSI contributions which will probably be €500 a year. This will build entitlement toward a full state pension contributory in due course.

Look them up here.

Back