How much has the rate increase affected you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its brilliant! More interest for my savings in Rabo direct!

(admittedly probably not the respopnse you were looking for)

about €9 - have a tracker mortgage with UB also I pay my mortgage over 10 months of the year so tbh have barely noticed it. I know others will be feeling the pinch but we are on our fourth house now and borrowings are minimal.

Since the rates went up 1% since december its costing me an extra 145 euro a month, obviously I'd prefer to have that in my pocket but it hasn't had much of an affect in that...

1: I didnt know about the 66 euro per month mortgage interest relief I would get when calculating how much I could affod to repay
2: I had factored in a 1% increase in rates when calculating how much I could afford
3: Salary has incrased more than expected since I first took out mortgage.
4: Have changed my car to a diesel which is saving me a about 180 per month on fuel costs.

So all in all the increase has been quite manageable, it hasnt impacted my quality if life in anyway. I think a 4% base rate should be ok too, if we go to a 5% base rate very quickly then I will look to pay off some of the mortgage using my SSIA and also try to find a cheaper mortgage rate if possible and re-mortgage. Also may rent out a room although I would hate to have to do that.

We fixed for a year, so no effect yet. We will be shopping around when our fixed rate is up later this year as our LTV should be < 60% by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back