How much (approx) for gas boiler service and istallation of hob?

loukkcat

I just got a quote for €100 for a boiler service and €140 from the same guy to have a gas hob installed. There is already a gas pipe near the hob, but an electric hob is installed at the moment.

Does anyone know does this seem like good value, or am I being ripped off? My parents think I am. I live in Dublin 8. I got a quote from a local guy. I didn't bargain.

Problem is I am having a dinner party Saturday and really need the gas hob installed by Saturday morning and this guy says he can do it...

Any advice? I am crap at bargaining!!!

I think that's a ripoff considering he's in your house already. Same thing happened with us, the actual plumber on site (new house) was coming to connect something and we asked would he connect the gas hob and he wanted something similar (3 years ago). Told him where to stick it and did get someone cheaper but can't remember now sorry. However if you need it for Sat you might just have to bite the bullet alternatively just try and ring around for a few quotes I guess.

I might ring around a few more, they all say they have to come look first to give the quote, which is a pain, because you have to be there to let them in and then they can't come back for another week. Would rather just get it done, but don't want to be taken for a mug at the same time!!
Thanks!

Back