How long to revise tax credit for personal pension?

askalot

Currently my personal pension is paid by payroll so I automatically get the tax and PRSI/Health relief but will be moving jobs and in future the monthly premiums will be paid out of my nett pay.

It is my understanding that I should send a copy of the RAC cert into revenue to get my tax credits revised but how long does this take?

PRSI/Health relief is paid in arrears, is that correct? So if I move job in September when would I claim for the four months in 2007 (Sept - Dec) that aren't paid from payroll?

Thanks in advance.

I didn't know that you could have contributions to a personal/Retirement Annuity Contract pension plan done via payroll...
It is my understanding that I should send a copy of the RAC cert into revenue to get my tax credits revised but how long does this take?
It can vary depending on how busy they are etc. Some people have reported weeks or months delays in getting stuff like this sorted out. Others have reported getting things done in days.
PRSI/Health relief is paid in arrears, is that correct? So if I move job in September when would I claim for the four months in 2007 (Sept - Dec) that aren't paid from payroll?
As far as I know - yes.

I didn't know that you could have contributions to a personal/Retirement Annuity Contract pension plan done via payroll...

Neither was my accountant but according to my pension provider, Eagle Star, you can. There was a change made a couple of budgets back that makes it possible. Eagle Star emailed the relevant information to my accountant and after that they were happy to allow it. Hope they were right, anyway I'm changing it back now!

It can vary depending on how busy they are etc. Some people have reported weeks or months delays in getting stuff like this sorted out. Others have reported getting things done in days.

Thanks for that. I'll start the ball rolling soon just in case they are busy.

Back