How long to hear back about survey?

Sanparom

We are selling our house and recently the person buying it had a survey carried out. If any issues have arisen, what's the normal timeframe for which the vendors will be told? Our closing date is quite soon, so we are concerned that we haven't heard anything either way.

If there was anything monumentally serious, in my experience the surveyor would highlight it that day. But it takes a while for a formal report to be completed and issued.

Have the buyers signed contracts?

They haven't signed contracts yet. As far as I'm aware, the contracts are ready to go, but my solicitor is on holidays, so I don't have much more information in that regard. Does the survey information usually come after contracts are signed? Sorry, this is the first time I've sold a property so it's all new to me.

No, generally survey first, then sign contracts.
I was just wondering when you said closing date is soon.

Oh yeah, he has put the closing date on the contracts, but I don't think they've been issued to buyers yet.

Just wondering - are the vendors always informed of the findings of the report or can we presume that no news is good news?

Just wondering - are the vendors always informed of the findings of the report or can we presume that no news is good news?
The surveyor is working for the prospective buyer so the seller doesn't get to see the report. You'll presumably be informed by the prospective buyer or their solicitor if there's any issue that might impact the sale or offer price.

Back