How long to get deeds of house from Pepper Finance

Hi All, what was the outcome with Pepper? I recently bought a house (sale agreed on 7th January) but I'm still waiting for the contract as Pepper have not released the deeds. Just wondering how long this may take?
Hi James
We are buying and went sale agreed 8 weeks ago and no sign of contracts. We found out this week the delay is due to Pepper not responding to the vendors request for the title deeds.

Our mortgage will be with BOI and it looks highly unlikely we will drawdown before 5th May and as a result will be at a rate 0.5% higher than it could have been.

Is there any opportunity to make a complaint and or seek compensation for this?
Hi cudman

Have you got the title deed? How long you been waiting for contract.
Many thanks I'm in same Situation. So worried about that

Hey Timmylee
Deeds eventually turned up. It took a while, but I think the delays were mostly caused by the sellers solicitor.
Dunno if it helped but we absolutely hounded Pepper due to their reputation.
The estate agent involved had a contact in there that received numerous texts and calls during the process.
Best of luck with it.

I'm in the process loan of offer from pepper to BOI at the solicitors and waiting on the Deeds from pepper he sent a ATR proof of address etc Friday hope I'm not waiting too long another 2k to this vulture fund with only €200 of the capital absolutely Deplorable...

I have had dealings with Pepper and they’re absolutely dreadful to deal with! Beggars belief how they conduct business!! Laughable actually! Certain departments can’t make calls or take calls! And this is what you’re told when you call to speak to someone who’s sent you a signed letter! In my day when someone sent you a letter and you called that company! You got to speak with that person!! Requested statements at one stage and was told they had to be done manually

I have had dealings with Pepper and they’re absolutely dreadful to deal with! Beggars belief how they conduct business!! Laughable actually! Certain departments can’t make calls or take calls! And this is what you’re told when you call to speak to someone who’s sent you a signed letter! In my day when someone sent you a letter and you called that company! You got to speak with that person!! Requested statements at one stage and was told they had to be done manually
And was waiting months for them!!
We are buying and went sale agreed 8 weeks ago and no sign of contracts. We found out this week the delay is due to Pepper not responding to the vendors request for the title deeds.

Our mortgage will be with BOI and it looks highly unlikely we will drawdown before 5th May and as a result will be at a rate 0.5% higher than it could have been.

Is there any opportunity to make a complaint and or seek compensation for this?
Don’t think you’ll get anywhere with complaint! We had a complaint with Pepper and we just kept getting letter every 20 days to say it was still being looked into and this went on for a year! Waste of time! They’re a law upon themselves it appears!!

Back