How long to get deeds of house from Pepper Finance

Marie6

We recently went sale agreed on our house, our mortgage was sold to Pepper Finance about 2 years ago. Our solicitor has been in contact with Pepper, i was just wondering is any one knew how long it will take Pepper to send our papers to our solicitor,

I repaid a mortgage managed by Pepper, and 16 weeks later still no sign of the paperwork/deeds.

We ended up with our sol doing an ATR.

Hi All, what was the outcome with Pepper? I recently bought a house (sale agreed on 7th January) but I'm still waiting for the contract as Pepper have not released the deeds. Just wondering how long this may take?

I think it means Accountable Trust Receipt?

It's a legal term.

I have seen other posts on AAM referring to waiting weeks and weeks for title documents after redemption of mortgage.

Pepper really are something else. My solicitor applied for deeds to my house FOUR months ago and today they've come back wanting 'proof of address' for some reason. Any ideas why they'd need this when mortgage has been with them all along so surely they've have that info already?

Since your mortgage was presumably with a different lender NIB or Halifax before Pepper took thise over, maybe they didn’t. Seems like a very long time to wait though.

For what it’s worth: I had a much better experience with Pepper. I was switching mortgages in Q4 2022.

I sent an ATR to Pepper to release title deeds to my solicitor and it took just over 4 weeks to be completed. ATR sent at end of Oct’22 and deeds were received at the end of Nov’22.

I rang Pepper a couple of times during that period to ensure everything was in order and it was fairly straightforward.

Extra info; My mortgage was previously with Bank of Scotland Ireland before being taken over by Pepper. (No arrears or anything like that)

This is the 8th week after the sale agreement. My vendor is still waiting for their deeds from Pepper. I hope I don't have to wait 16 weeks. I will ask my solicitor about this ATR subject mentioned above.

They are a disaster. I'm still waiting after they finally got them out of their offsite storage facility and then some eejit sent them back instead of out to my solicitor. Head is wrecked.

We are buying and went sale agreed 8 weeks ago and no sign of contracts. We found out this week the delay is due to Pepper not responding to the vendors request for the title deeds.

Our mortgage will be with BOI and it looks highly unlikely we will drawdown before 5th May and as a result will be at a rate 0.5% higher than it could have been.

Is there any opportunity to make a complaint and or seek compensation for this?

Last edited:
A friend of mine was also waiting ages to get his documents. My guess is that there's a systemic issue here. Maybe it's not that surprising? Companies who genuinely are focused on delivering quality customer service regularly mess things up. Maybe Pepper is less bothered than most with customer service?

Finally got them but you literally have to be on the phone every single day to get it actioned. Customer service ops all seem sound enough but I get the sense they can't really action anything. So my advice to anyone waiting is just keep chasing. He who shouts loudest etc

Finally got them but you literally have to be on the phone every single day to get it actioned. Customer service ops all seem sound enough but I get the sense they can't really action anything. So my advice to anyone waiting is just keep chasing. He who shouts loudest etc
Hi Mel, do you mind me asking how long in total in the end. Great to hear you’ve got them.
What info did you give when calling I was under the impression we couldn’t call as technically it’s not our house yet we’re only sale agreed. Any answers and advice will be helpful. Thank you

Pepper are utterly useless, we sold a house with a mortgage with pepper, must have been nearly 6 months to get deeds.... this followed multiple promises that the deeds would be couriered today tomorrow etc.

Pepper have also taken two further mortgage payments since mortgage redeemed, my solicitor advised the first one was a timing issue so I didn't follow up

Hi Mel, do you mind me asking how long in total in the end. Great to hear you’ve got them.
What info did you give when calling I was under the impression we couldn’t call as technically it’s not our house yet we’re only sale agreed. Any answers and advice will be helpful. Thank you
Took about six months on and off, and this was for my own deeds; I doubt a third party could chase up someone else's banking info. :)

Back