How long to get an appointment in Probate Office?

antigone

Hi

Jut wondering if anyone has recent experience of how long its taking to get an appointment with the Probate Office? Its a personal application to the chief office in Dublin and everything (at least I hope so - spent ages checking and double checking before sending it in) was submitted first week of Jan. So far just an acknowledgment received and I'd like to give the beneficiaries an idea of what timescale we're looking at.

Many Thanks

Hi I got told the lead times would be 24-26 weeks for personal application but I got a date for about 2 months time so hopefully you will get it before 3 months.

By the way there very helpful in there so nothing to worry about when doing a personal application.

I have been waiting 3 months now - anyone any current experience on timescales to share?

Probate personal application

They just emailed back to my email query that they are currently dealing with the applications received in mid-October. (Dublin office.) They will either request further information or give an appointment date.

The four probate applications I have done were 7, 7, 8 & 6 months from initial inquiries.
There are only a couple of probate staff who process the application. You just get added to the list.

You get a letter letting you know they have received your application and then send you out a date further down the line.
If you really need to know, ring them. Very nice people.

Back