How long to finish extension

Builder completed all works (incl. tiling floor, splashback, all painting, skirting, etc.) by 15th December. So, in my experience, a 1:2.5 ratio from having the structure in place to completing the interior.

Whew! I'm glad to see my comments weren't totally out.
I thought you'd be regaling us with a tale if wunderkind builders finishing in record time.

I am slightly astonished that they completed for you before Christmas.
With family, former employer and social commitments it can be a very busy time for builders.

Also thanks for following up. AAM Readers will now be able to benefit from your post.

ONQ.

[broken link removed]

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal and building professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.

--------

From Post #17 above.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showpost.php?p=1106646&postcount=17

"Total ball park is another 7 weeks depending on the standard you want and assuming no delays - could be as little as five.
However, my experience of subbies is that work inside can be delayed as they work around each other.
They can disappear off to another job if everything isn't perfect for them when they arrive.
You could be three days or a week waiting for them to come back.
That is why I raised the governance question.

The above is may be a totally unreliable estimate and not something I would normally post on a public board."

Back