How long from signed contracts to money

Cathbarr

Just dropped in our signed switcher mortgage contracts to the solicitors today. We are moving from EBS to AIB. We have provided all paperwork asked for by the solicitor and AIB. I am just wondering how long it will take for the move to go through?

I recently did this exact switch and it was about two weeks, I think I was in a queue for funds to be drawn down or something to that affect.

sorry edited to say this was from loan offer being signed. If the switcher contracts you are talking about are the initial client solicitor ones then it was about two months for me.

I recently did this exact switch and it was about two weeks, I think I was in a queue for funds to be drawn down or something to that affect.

sorry edited to say this was from loan offer being signed. If the switcher contracts you are talking about are the initial client solicitor ones then it was about two months for me.
Thanks for this. We have the signed loan offer gone back to the solicitors since Friday so hopefully it wont be too long. AiB are now looking for a cover letter from our life insurers so will have to wait and see how long that takes to issue as we can't proceed without it. They won't accept the document which states the exact same thing but want a cover letter stating it. Banks and their hoops. So hopefully I'll have that by Friday as they said they will email it to me and if not should have access to it early next week. Thanks for the reply. Just want it sorted now as its dragged out almost a year due to a few complications along the way.

Back