How long from approval to drawdown when switching to avant

I know this isn't a general "experiences when switching to Avant" thread, but... perhaps as good a place as any to write the below.
So, our application has failed at the last hurdle. During the (very positive) valuation, I was asked the age of the house, and replied honestly (1880). Turns out that any house over 100 years will require a structural survey with the application - apparently with any lender; and our survey from before we purchased indicates our roof tiles might be asbestos. So Avant will not proceed without a definitive answer that they are not.
Now, you may be wondering, surely this should have been an issue when purchasing? But the valuer for our original application - working for UB - put the house as being built within 100 years, hence no survey was requested by the lender.
Perhaps the most annoying thing is at no stage in the application was anything mentioned to us about the age of the house being an issue, so I had no reason not to be honest (and frankly I would have had a problem with outright lying, even if it was to our advantage). Plus we are down a few hundred quid due to the valation and an unknown amount to the solicitor we had engaged.

Back