How long for online P21 request?

jambo

How long does it take Revenue to lodge the refund into your current account? They have my current account details.

Also, I left work in August 06 to return to full time education. I'm expecting to get all my tax back for 2006 as a result of this. I didn't send any supporting documentation because it was done online. They will have a copy of my P45 though?

Last year I requested a P21 for 2002 twice by letter and once via the online service and not a peep. I wrote to them again recently asking about this. I realise that 2002 is now outside the 4 year limit but I did originally ask for this last year when it was within the 4 year limit so feel that I am still entitled to it.

I did it last month. I got the P21 after 9 days, and had the money in my account 2 days later. So altogether less then 2 weeks.

I requested mine last Monday, and got the cheque on Thursday in the post!!!

Having read this thread, I checked ROS to see if they'd processed my P21 request (submitted online in mid-February). It was completed within a week, and the tax refund was lodged to my account - they didn't tell me though!!

Between request for P21 for 2006 and refund lodged to my current account was less than a fortnight.

Having read this thread, I checked ROS to see if they'd processed my P21 request (submitted online in mid-February). It was completed within a week, and the tax refund was lodged to my account - they didn't tell me though!!

Didn't you get something in the post?

I requested P21 online on Monday so I'm interested to see how long it takes. I never dealt with ROS before so am a bit wary of it. Nice to see it's worked out ok for others except ClubMan obviously :p

In fairness to revenue, this is probably their busiest time so two weeks is good.

Nice to see it's worked out ok for others except ClubMan obviously :p
2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 all worked fine. In fact they sent the P21s (but not the refunds! :)) to me three times each. Just 2002 seemed to be the problem.

Didn't you get something in the post?

Squire, nothing received by post or email. First I knew it had been processed was when I logged onto ROS online and saw a new message for me there (it was the P21). And I only logged on having seen this thread.

7 working days after online request, money was in the bank and confirmation arrived in the post the same day. Well done to the revenue, I'm impressed.

Back