How long does the ROS Debit Instruction (RDI) take?

bricktruck

I'm a little concerned about my 2019 tax return. I've submitted the return and paid using the RDI option on November 5th. The money still hasn't left my account. Revenue doesn't give a whole lot of information about how the RDI system works, but I assume it's a kind of one-off direct debit type system?

I'm worried that my bank account (Transferwise Business) isn't going to allow a third-party to pull a significant sum of money out of the account without my approval.

Is there some way I can just pay them by bank transfer? It would make my life so much easier.

EDIT: I just found out that you're allowed to pay by bank transfer if you're a non-resident (which I am) https://www.revenue.ie/en/starting-a-business/paying-your-tax/how-to-pay-your-tax.aspx Wish they informed me about this earlier in the process. Hopefully this helps anyone else that's in the same boat as I am.

Last edited:
Usually Revenue takes the RDI on the last date it is due ie 12 Nov 2019

In 2018, the final date was 14 Nov 2018 and the payment was taken from my bank account on 16 Nov 2018

Did you not receive notification of the payment in your revenue record on ROS (FORM11 PAYMENT)?

Back