How long do your headlights last?

Treefrog2108

hey all. I have a 02 toyota corrola and have to change the headlights every few months,they die so soon.I assume there is a problem somewhere because they only last about 3 months.

Or maybe its that im buying cheap lights? I spend 5 euro's on each lightbulb.has anyone experienced this problem or if you have a toyota how long do your lightbulbs last?

Im hoping this isnt going to cost me bigmoney just to find a loose wire or something but Im sure something is wrong.

thanks for reading.

thanks for the reply.

yes.does this matter>? changing them is such a nightmare,its a tight space to get my hand in and i cant see what the hell im doing and scrape and scratch my skin off the metal..Is touching them damaging them?

Make sure the lights are off when you turn on the engine, you can blow the bulbs otherwise.

...Is touching them damaging them?
Yes the grease from your skin leaves a residue on the bulbs that shortens the life of the glass (there should be a notice to that effect on the packaging the bulbs come in).

In answer to the question posed in your thread title, on our oldest car, the headlight bulbs are > 7 years old.
Make sure the lights are off when you turn on the engine, you can blow the bulbs otherwise.
You may need to write to Volvo, Saab, Subaru, etc and relay this information to them as the first thing that happens during their ignition cycles is for the lights to come on.

The light switches on many cars may be left permanently in the "Dipped Headlights" / "On" position and the circuits are controlled by the ignition keys.

ok ,thanks for the tips guys.

In answer to the question posed in your thread title, on our oldest car, the headlight bulbs are > 7 years old.

7 years? oh well theres definately a problem with my car then/:(

I have the same model Corolla, couple of years newer, getting 6 months to a year per bulb.
Had a renault before, bulbs seemed to last much longer.

If you are not sure on what to do, you have to bring your car to the nearest and expert car repair shops.

Back