How long can I delay applying for 2nd learner permit (motorcycle)?

Sn@kebite

Hi, my learner permit for motorcycle expired 1 month ago.

Can someone explain what happens if i don't move to my 2nd one? If I do and it expires what then?

I was interested in riding and had a 50cc bike but ran into some money problem so needed to sell it, now i got no bike should i apply for second prov anyway? problem is i dont know if I'll be getting a bike within the time frame of the 2nd provisional so if that expires and I've still not done my full test what happens please?

Any information on what happens if I don't apply for the 2nd one or if i do and it expires in there a 3rd? I really don't know what I should be doing.

One last important point is if I don't apply again will i need to do the theory again? Doing the theory again is not a problem however having to do mandatory CBT and 16 lessons is a bit of a pickle for me because previously I had applyied before CBT and 16 lessons came into effect.

If you renew your learner permit (your 2nd), it will last for 2 years. Before you'll be issued with a third or subsequent permit, you will have to provide evidence that you've applied for the Driving Test or have done the test and failed it.

If you don't renew your licence within 5 years, and then apply for a learner permit, you'll be treated as a first-time applicant, and will have to take the theory test and probably the CBT.

If you renew within 5 years, you won't have to re-sit the theory test and you won't have to take CBT.

Back