How long can a solicitor hold off on sending paperwork in?

Muddle2018

Advised of tracker redress April 2018. Argued back and forth and potential with court but ex agreed cheque to be solely sent to me. He signed the form 4 weeks ago yet his solicitor has still not sent it to the bank for phoning and clarification of signature. I am taking mortgage over alone and removing him as per court order and his wishes and was offered mortgage alone earlier this year and the only thing holding it back is this compensation cheque. Bank want proof of payment of other bills which relate to me and him historically before they will go forward with mortgage which all comes out of my compensation money but I can only pay once I get compensation! I was told today that he did sign the agreement 4 weeks ago that the compensation was to be paid to me however his solicitor has not yet sent this in to the bank. It was he himself who told me this. From his side they say that we have till October (I was given 6 months mortgage approval in principle) to send it in but from my part I need to sort this asap as I am in between mortgages right now - basically they have given me a new mortgage account number which I cannot yet pay into and I am reluctant to pay to the old one now with his name still on. So realistically I have to do the following and wondering if anyone has done same and can give me a time frame for same?

- Bank receive his form to have compensation signed to me, call him, call me and verify signatures. Will take circa 5-8 working days for them to lodge money to my account.
- I have to pay off bills that ex has not paid (again ffs) and my own credit card and get verification and receipts from same and send to my mortgage company as proof of payment.
- My own solicitor has to send in copies of certified divorce decree and a few other bits of paperwork to show proof house and title is to be mine solely
- I have to find, meet and employ a conveyancing solicitor to deal with issues of title etc on property
- I have to discharge stamp duty on my own property which is now deemed new mortgage hence SD and fill in all manners of paperwork pertaining to same.
- Final paperwork to remove ex from mortgage.

I thought it was the ex causing the obstruction in all of this so went and messaged him but apparently his solicitor is the hold up. My own sol has sent two letters to his sol firm this month alone to get a movement on this as has he, or so he has said, this evening. Realistically though and going on history his sol takes A LOOOOOOOOOOOOONNGGGGGGGG time to do anything so if anyone can give me a timeframe to get my bulletpoints done I would appreciate it so much. I just am so frustrated at how slow this entire process has been and want to see an end.

Back