How long argos delivery

wishbone

Hi there, I've just ordered bunk beds from Argos, and was told the max delivery is 21 days. I'm based in South Dublin. Just wondering if it does actually take 21 days in general or if often the delivery is less than this (which is of course what I'd like to hear!) Tx a mill.

Only experience I had was a few years ago. I was given a 28 day delivery time but it took about 12 weeks in the end due to stock issues/end of range/manufacturing problems and a lot of other bad excuses.

Could be a once off. It wouldn't necessarily stop be ordering from them again as the stuff was good quality when it arrived and a lot cheaper than anywhere else at the time.

Hi there, I've just ordered bunk beds from Argos, and was told the max delivery is 21 days. I'm based in South Dublin. Just wondering if it does actually take 21 days in general or if often the delivery is less than this (which is of course what I'd like to hear!) Tx a mill.

Well you will be pleased to hear its 'up to 21 days', i ordered a piece of exercise equipment off them before and was told 21 days, 3 days later the delivery man called and said he'd see me next morning. Their drivers are good about pinning down a reasonable timeframe too - at least my one was so i literally came home from work for a half hour to take delivery. He phoned me that morning to re-confirm also. Im south dublin too so hopefully youll get the nice delivery men!

That's nothing compared to the delivery schedule at - the agents in their call centre actually know items never get delivered on time- so they have a stockpile of answers- including we 'actually' delivered it and it was returned to our despatch centre!

I recently ordered 2 futons from them;

Ordered: 1st March
Rung to arrange Delivery given list of optional dates: 4th March
Delivery (date I picked as convenient - could have been sooner): 12th March

So it's probably down to the availability of what you ordered.

Thanks guys for your answers - at least it would seem that less than 21 days is a possibility. albeit down to availability etc, but at least I can be somewhat hopeful...but realistic!

Hi wishbone
We got Bunkbeds last month from Argos..Ordered on Saturday, got a phone call on Tuesday to confirm address etc ,delivered on Wed morning at 8.30 in and out in 5 minutes.. Great service ..

i ordered a wardrobe on tuesday, it says 14days delivery in brochure,
got a phone call yesterday(wednesday) about delivery,
wardrobe to be delivered next tuesday,
only 7 days, can't complain about that

Just FYI, got the awaited call yesterday! Luckily too, phone number showed up as withheld on the mobile so I ignored it, but when they persisted with another call a minute later I gave in and answered...luckily!! Bunk beds to be delivered Tuesday week which will be 16 days after ordered date. So not bad, as we'll get them in time for our visitors..in fact they can help us stick them together!

Just as final follow-up. Bunkbeds delivered today, very pleased. Delivery guys v good in ringing to confirm times etc.

Argos deliveries Galway Ireland

Hey

A word of warning about Argos Delivery in the west of Ireland

We purchased a swing set in Argos.
This swing set was a birthday present for a my little girl.

We had a delivery scheduled to arrive on the 20th of August 2009. Argos phoned us five or so days before this and confirmed delivery on the 20th of August to us in Galway. I had to arrange a days leave from work to await delivery on the 20th, as Argos, helpfully, could not even give me a approximated delivery time - all they would say is between 7.30am & 6pm...... on the 20th I waited all day....... the delivery never came - a days holidays down the drain!

I contacted Argos helpline numerous occasions on the 21st to try to find out when/if the delivery would arrive. I was given the excuse that the incorrect corodinates were given to 'the couriers'... even though the order had the correct address, this in my opinion was purely an excuse to fob me off, as entering my address in Galway into any GPS device or online mapping tool (Google Maps, MS virtual Earth etc.) pinpoints our EXACT location. I get the feeling that Argos makes deliveries to Galway & the west of Ireland when the truck is full.

On the 21st
the Argos helpline while very polite were total ineffective at helping. The helpline staff told me they could not contact the Argos delivery dept (but they left messages). They could not tell me who would be delivering the swing, they did not know whether is was Argos or a outsourced delivery company*.. Basically they didn't know & could tell anything bar "the courier will rearrange delivery in the next 10 days". With the birthday approaching I was eager to receive the delivery..... I have access to a van and offered to collect the delivery from the local depo. This would have solved the problem but appears that their 'corporate policy' on this issue (collecting from depo) is more important than satisfied customers & little girls birthdays.

On monday 24th I received call from DHL (the person on the phone said "this is DHL") to tell me that delivery would be made on 26th August (today). I told the person on the phone that I was not taking another day off work and that if they wanted to be sure that some one was here they needed to give me a more accurate time other than an nine hour period - I was told that someone would try to ring the day before the delivery - NO one did. This morning a big blue Argos truck (*and not DHL...funny they don't know who does their deliveries in Galway!) arrived..... almost a week after originally specified by Argos. I had to lose an unscheduled hour from work this morning.

So.....
Argos cost me a days holidays and insured I was an hour late for work today.
Argos are responsible for a disappointedly kid on their birthday and cost me more money as I had to fork out for another present.

So, in my
experience - do not rely on the Argos Delivery Service, perhaps it good in the east of the country and this only effects Argos Deliveries in Galway or the West of Ireland - be warned!

Back