How long after snag can you call builder?

Kitty

Hi there,
Is it too late after closing & snagging house in early April to call builder back re a leaking sink (in ensuite)?

I seem to remember pointing out the wet-patch under the sink to him at the time, but he assured me that it was nothing and would dry out with time, but it re-appears on the ground around the base of the sink a couple of seconds after I run the tap.
I hadnt paid much heed to it until till recently when I got around to thinking about tiling the bathroom floor.
I'm sure its easily fixed but am not feeling competent about doing it myself - plus its a tiny sink & its quite difficult to reach in to see underneath where the leak is coming from.
My Dad insists that since it was not right from the begining that the builder should address it. Is he right?
I'd welcome any advice on whether it is reasonable to call builder.

Thanks.

Kitty

I think that any reasonable contractor would feel obligated to put this right- such faults can be pursued with the builder up to a year after closing. Sounds like a minor problem anyway that will be easily rectified.

Thanks for replies.
No he is no longer on site. But I will try him anyhow and let you know how I get on.

Thanks.

I called back noonans about 2 years after moving in to my house to fix some cracks.

No problem, they filled and repainted.

All you do is call them.

Hi there,

Thanks for all your replies. For info: I called them last Wednesday and they sent out a plumber on Friday, so leak has been sorted! I'm delighted.

Kitty

Back