How is life in castle curragh heath or vale D15

A

abey

Hi,

I found loads of good value properties in castle curragh heath/vale D15, and thinking of moving in. I browsed this board and found there were some anti-social cases in 2006. How were they going afterward and how is the life going in 2008-2009? I am grateful if anybody can give me any suggestions about this.

Regards,

Abey

Stay away mate. Place is a kip. You are wedged between dromheath,wellview and corduff. Check out the place at night time,or the weekends.

I live about 5 mins walk away from Castlecurragh and I like the area I am in and have never had any hassle. Neighbours are lovely and people look out for each other. However, Castlecurragh itself has had a number of problems over the past few years. The problem is not the people in Castlecurragh but a minority of 'people' in the nearby Dromheath estate. Cars robbed, houses broken in to etc. Location wise the traffic has definitely decreased over the past year and you have a good bus service with the 38 and 38a. You are also 4 mins drive from the Blanch shopping centre. Bottom line is though if a friend was asking whether they should buy in Castlecurragh I would probably say no. Although it seems that the houses/apts in Castlecurragh nearer Warrenstown Heath and further away from Dromheath have less problems so that might be something to think about.

I second Keithrf900. I'm from Blanch so I recommend you avoid these areas. Have a look at Ongar or Clonee

You should be able to get somewhere nicer in Blanchardstown at the moment. I sometimes pop up to the Spar near Castlecurragh and it's consistently populated by people wearing pyjamas and last time I even witnessed a drugs deal at 5pm!

Personally I would caution against Ongar and Clonee if you need to commute to town. I live on the 38/38a bus route which are much quicker than the 39s, and nearly as quick as the train but less crowded. This morning was 22 minutes from the Snugborough Road into O'Connell St (leaving at 8.15)

Thank you for your information and advice about castle carrugh. In short words, I think it is not a good idea to move into this area if I want a peaceful life with my wife. My office is in Blanchardstown Corp park. Living in this area would be handy. I had better consider somewhere not too close to castle carrugh and not too far away from 38 or dart station.

Cheers!

Hi there,
I have been living in Castlecurragh Park for the last 5 years and have not had one problem since I moved in. I am aware of antisocial problems in the Vale though which is on the opposite side of the estate. I have found my neighbors to be fantastic and the park is a very peaceful area. The commute into town has greatly improved and the 38A bus is a great facility into town.

I general, if I was to buy again I would buy closer to a train station but other than that I am happy where I bought my house.

Hope this helps.

.... I live on the 38/38a bus route which are much quicker than the 39s, and nearly as quick as the train but less crowded. This morning was 22 minutes from the Snugborough Road into O'Connell St (leaving at 8.15)

Was that the Harry Potter Bus? Find it hard to believe it can do that time on a regular basis.

35 mins and 17 mins. Quicker than the train.

The train Castleknock to Connolly.
08:10 - 08:31 =21
08:20 - 08:41=21

The train is usually slower then that in reality.

I second Keithrf900. I'm from Blanch so I recommend you avoid these areas. Have a look at Ongar or Clonee

I've lived in Castlecurragh Vale for five years now and would class myself as being very respectable, educated and working in a good job. I've had no problems whatsoever where I live and I'm very annoyed by people who comment on the area that don't even live here.

Every area has it's positives and it's negatives. I agree Dromheath isn't exactly D4 but I've never had probems with anti social behaviour. One thing that irritates me though is certain people who dont' look after their property. This takes the whole look off the place to be honest.

One thing about Ongar though, a friend of mine had a gun put to her head at Xtra Vision in Ongar and had her car hijacked! Never experienced that in Castlecurragh!!

No area is free of trouble. It's just some areas are more talked about than others.

The best of luck finding a new house!

L

I lived in Castlecurragh Vale for 6 years and while the first few years were fine the last 2 years were a nightmare. My car was broken into numerous times, my sitting room window was smashed in 3 times. You couldnt even lie out in the back garden on a rare sunny day as the kids from Scumheath (Dromheath) would lob bricks and bottles into the garden.

My next door neighbours on either side has the same type of treatment as did various other people in the vacinity. There was constant drug dealing in the area and police raids in various apartments near to where I lived.

By the grace of god I was able to sell up last year and am know living in a lovely area where I have so much peace of mind.

You couldnt pay me enough money to move back to Castlecurragh.

Mentioned this thread to a work colleague who lives there. She is saving like mad to get out, even though she is in negative equity.

I live on Castlecurragh Vale and I am glad to hear there are people who've had no problems.
However I live near Dromheath and I think most people who live in this part know it is rough. From 2003 until 2008 was very rough indeed. Had windows broken, really bad experiences with local kids (cheeky little f**kers).
It was definitley one of the worst decisions of my life to move into Castlecurragh Vale and Finglal County Council are absolutely useless at dealing with A.S.B. and don't seem to care less.
Have to totaly agree with Gazzer, there are really bad spots and I would not recommend to anybody to move in.

I have lived in Castlecurragh since 2003 and never had a problem. the 38a is not the best but it has certantly improved the services we were getting in 2003. My neighbours are very good, hard working people. I certainly think that the place would look better if people where looking after the outside of their properties and the Fingal County Council tenants were more careful with their bins.

Living in castlecurragh

Hi,

I found loads of good value properties in castle curragh heath/vale D15, and thinking of moving in. I browsed this board and found there were some anti-social cases in 2006. How were they going afterward and how is the life going in 2008-2009? I am grateful if anybody can give me any suggestions about this.

Regards,

Abey

Hi Abey,
I've Lived in Castlecurragh Heath for 8 years, since it was built and it's been fine. Away from the Main road, near the Park is more secluded and quiet, the park is well kept and locked at night. Yeah, there are Kids around like every housing estate in Dublin, but they are harmless. My neighbors are lovely, all young starter homes, some with young families. Don't be put off, visit a few properties and see what you think for yourself!

Back