How is it possible for a company to reinstate a Direct Debit

lucashood1977

I have a Direct Debit on my credit union current account which I manually removed on my online banking because I am in dispute with with the company for breach of contract. Not only was the DD reinstated but they were able to take funds from my current account when there was no money or overdraft facilty on that account to cover it putting the account into arrears

Even if this company is right and Im wrong surely they dont have the power to do this?

You have a legal agreement with the company. They can reinstate the DD on that basis.

You can go through the DD refund process, through your Credit Union, if the DD should not have been claimed.

Yes they can reinstate the Direct Debit if you have given then permission to do so. Quite possibly you did and it is buried deep in the T&C's when you signed up originally so you may not have even realised you gave this permission.

You can seek a refund for I think up to 8 weeks after the DD ran

I thought that they stopped this nonsense with CC/DC . I for that very reason never take out DD payment even though it cost a few euro more for other methods of payment

Back