How e-commerce is working !!??

hakouna

American crowd set an e-commerce web site for my business , while testing different payment methods , I came across different weird things and now I am not sure if this is working properly or I have misunderstanding !!

I placed 2 orders with 2 different payment methods one by "check" and the other using "PayPal".

By Check : The order went through and I received confirmation e-mail without getting any trace or information of the check payment was made . the buyer was not asked by any further details of his check payment

By PayPal : The same as the "check" and nothing show money was taken of my personal account ( as buyer ) to business account , in fact I haven't created a personal account yet and payment process seems to be completed . Both the buyer and myself did receive confirmation e-mails .

the question here : how orders went through and no payments were made ?

My understanding no PayPal account needed to purchase from our sites , would you confirm this ? I haven't seen this option or I might be mistaken .

Please advice

So ask them to explain what you find confusing since you are presumably paying them for this service?

You might want to clarify your queries while you're at it since I personally don't fully understand your points in your original post.

Going on your original post it obviously is not working fine. I assume that you have retested the process or asked someone to retest it. If it is'nt working it should be explained to them and if they can't rectify the problem to your satisfaction then you should change to another system

I did and they claim every thing is working fine !!!

Is this not all in the original specification for the project? You need to have a proper testing procedure. Write down what you expect to happen, and then what actually happens. Perhaps compare it to another site that works as you expect.

But it should all have been agreed beforehand.

Hi,
Your question if I understand it correctly is:
Is there a Paypal option that allows you to purchase goods without opening an account?

Yes there is. It's called Website Payments. Check out the site in my signature. It uses this method of payment also. You need a Paypal business account.

There is a more advanced Paypal method of payments called Website Payments Pro but it's not available in Ireland.

I'm very familar with this whole area/websites and forms of Web payments in general.
If you want any more information, just post your questions and I'll try to answer them.

thanks

By Check : The order went through and I received confirmation e-mail without getting any trace or information of the check payment was made . the buyer was not asked by any further details of his check payment
This is not unusual. The system may well expect that check payments are handled offline. I would expect some feature in the system to allow you to mark an order as having been paid when the check is recieved by you.

Back